Walt Disney World resorts are known the world over for their service, amenities, and attention to theme. However, regular visitors to the resort know that the best reason to stay on property is all of the perks that come with a Walt Disney World hotel stay. From complimentary transportation to Extra Magic Hours, there are plenty of awesome extras that come with staying at a Disney hotel. However, it looks like Walt Disney World is making some big changes to its resort perks, which may impact your next stay at the resort.
1. 24-hour private dining at deluxe resorts discontinued
Guests who have stayed at one of Disney’s deluxe-level resorts are able to take advantage of several amenities beyond what is offered at moderate or value level resorts. Historically, that has included 24 hour private dining, which allows guests at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, and Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club to order food at any hour from a special menu and have it delivered directly to their room.
However, effective at the end of the month, this amenity is being discontinued, with in-room private dining now ending at midnight for Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge and Disney’s BoardWalk resorts ending at midnight, and the other resorts concluding service for the day at 2:00 AM.
Though this may not have been a very popular perk for guests, it is one that many had come to expect as part of the deluxe resort experience, and its removal may be a little bit disappointing for some guests who had previously enjoyed being able to order a late night meal after a long night at the Magic Kingdom or Disney Springs.
2. 60-day FastPass+ booking window extended to off-property resorts
Ever since the general release of FastPass+, Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests have been able to enjoy an extended 60 day FastPass+ booking window. However, according to a report from WDWNT, it looks like Disney is opening up this perk for guests staying at Good Neighbor Hotels, including those on Hotel Plaza Boulevard near Disney Springs and several others outside the borders of Walt Disney World.
Though an exact list of the hotels that will be participating in this FastPass+ expansion has not been released, this feature is expected to become available before the end of the year. Though this is certainly good news for guests who stay at these lower cost hotels, the opening up of this larger window may make FastPass+ reservations a little bit more scarce for some of Walt Disney World’s most popular attractions, including Avatar – Flight of Passage and the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, which means it will be even more important for guests who qualify for the extended FastPass+ window to take advantage of their extra time as soon as possible.
3. Pets now allowed at several Walt Disney World resorts
Earlier this month Disney began allowing dogs to stay at four of the resort’s on-property hotels: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney Port Orleans Resort – Riverside, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort and the cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests who bring their pet to the resort should know about the following restrictions:
- Dogs must not be left in rooms unsupervised for more than seven hours
- Guests will be contacted if noise from their room is persistent for more than 30 minutes.
- The Do Not Disturb placard must be displayed at all times while the dog is in the guest room. Housekeeping services will only be available while guests are in the room, and will need to be scheduled by calling the front desk.
- Dogs are not allowed in pool, food and beverage, or fitness center areas.
- Dogs must use designated pet relief areas, which are designated on resort maps as well as in My Disney Experience.
Guests who are staying in a pet friendly room with a dog will be assessed an additional nightly fee for housekeeping services. These fees vary by resort and are broken down as following:
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort $50 per night
- Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort $50 per night
- Cabins at Disney’s Ft. Wilderness Resort $50 per night
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort $75 per night
You can learn more about Walt Disney World’s brand new hotel pet policy here.
Do you generally stay on property when you visit Walt Disney World resort? Will any of these changes affect your stay?
-Originally published in Theme Park Tourist By Amanda Kondolojy, Tuesday, October 24, 2017 03:50
Click HERE to request additional information regarding Destinations, Planning and booking a Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Package.
Experience for yourself the Stress Free and Hassle Free process available with Destinations with Character Travel.
Take advantage of our FREE Rate Monitoring, FREE FastPass+ Reservation Services,
FREE Advanced Dining Reservation Services, Trained Dedicated Agents, and So Much More!
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- EPCOT’s Space 220 Restaurant Reveals More Details and Menus! - September 14, 2021
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park Announces A New Updated Finding Nemo Musical Coming in 2022 ! - September 14, 2021
- – The All-New Spectacular ‘Disney Enchantment’ at Magic Kingdom Park – Debuts Oct. 1 for Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary Celebration - August 24, 2021