The new rule is that you now must remove all electronics bigger than a cell phone (more than 4 inches by 6 inches) from your baggage and place them in their own bin for X-ray screening. This includes:
- Handheld game consoles
- DVD players
- Cameras and battery-powered accessories
- Video projectors
Laptops still need to be removed from your bag, too.
TSA may also ask you to remove any food or powders from your carry-on to help with the bag check process, so you and your clients should be ready to do so just in case they ask. VAX pro tip: if you’re bringing M&Ms, those should definitely be removed since TSA told our VAX insider that they’ll be flagged for inspection every time.
The new screening procedures were tested on 10 select airports before being rolled out nationwide, so you and your clients may have already encountered them if you’ve traveled through these airports:
- Boise Airport (BOI)
- Colorado Springs Airport (COS)
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW)
- Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport (FLL)
- Logan International Airport (BOS)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport (LBB)
- Luis Muñoz Marín International Airport (SJU)
- McCarran International Airport (LAS)
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX)
And now everyone gets to enjoy it! Except for those lucky TSA Pre Check people – this new rule doesn’t apply to them.
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Travel Needs, Wherever you dreams may lead you!
Click HERE to request additional information regarding Destinations, Planning and booking a Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Package.
Experience for yourself the Stress Free and Hassle Free process available with Destinations with Character Travel.
When booking though Destinations with Character Travel Agency, and our Disney Services include Free Rate Monitoring, FREE FastPass+ and Free Dining Reservation Services! Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We Make Dream Vacations Come True Every Day!
You can also follow us on Twitter: @DestWithChar
You can follow us on Instagram: @destwithchar
- Week of April 4-10, 2021 – These 8 Cruise Lines Announced Restarts For Summer 2021! - April 10, 2021
- runDisney Virtual Series to Honor the Timeless Majesty of ‘The Lion King’ This Summer – Hakuna Matata! - April 6, 2021
- Disney Cruise Line Temporary Suspends Select Departures through September 19, 2021 - April 6, 2021