Article courtesy of ” River Cruise Advisor”.
Please remember to contact your Destinations With Character Travel agent online or Call Us At: 630-308-2350, or Email Us At:email@example.com for all of your Universal, Seaworld, Disney and Orlando Area Vacation, Adventures by Disney, and Cruising Needs. As always, All of our Disney Services, including FastPass and Dining reservation services are completely FREE when booking through us!
Great news for families looking to take a river cruise together: AmaWaterways is expanding its family-friendly Adventures by Disney partnership in 2017 due to strong demand from guests. What makes this particularly remarkable is that the venture hasn’t even officially started yet; the first sailings will take place this summer aboard the newly-launchedAmaViola.
On-tap for next year are more family-friendly itineraries along the Danube, plus a series of brand-new itineraries that will explore the Rhine River. Danube sailings will continue to be operated aboard the AmaViola, while the new weeklong Rhine voyages will be operated aboard the AmaKristina, which is currently under construction.
“Last year, river cruising itineraries on the Danube River sold out rapidly, proving that families are eager to enjoy this immersive and luxurious new way to travel through Europe with Adventures by Disney,” said Ken Potrock, senior vice president of Adventures by Disney. “For 2017 we dreamt even bigger, expanding our offerings to include not only the already popular Danube sailings, but also exciting new experiences along the Rhine River. Here we can make unforgettable vacation memories a reality for even more travelers by offering family river cruise sailings that are effortless, personalized and exhilarating.”
Adventures by Disney has worked closely with AmaWaterways to tailor these unique sailings specifically to families. It’s a big deal in the world of river cruising, which has traditionally been known as a primarily adults-only vacation choice.
Highlights of these new 2017 Adventures by Disney / AmaWaterways voyages include the ability to:
- Ride a toboggan, hike along a waterfall or zipline through the Black Forest.
- Visit the famous storybook Heidelberg Castle.
- Enjoy tubing, snow biking, curling and more at Germany’s first indoor ski hall.
- Explore the Alsace Region of France by canoe or on horseback.
- Get hands-on during clog painting and a cheese making demonstration in Holland.
- Bike along the Rhine River, within the German wine countryside, through towns and beyond.
- Savor unique local dining, including Swiss fondue, a French macaron cooking class, German chocolate tasting and more.
“AmaWaterways is ecstatic to continue working with Adventures by Disney, further expanding the options for family travelers seeking a unique way to explore Europe,” said Kristin Karst, co-owner and executive vice president of AmaWaterways. “A Rhine River cruise with Adventures by Disney, aboard the beautiful AmaKristina, will offer families an immersive, unforgettable experience. They will have the chance to witness firsthand the beauty, history and culture of the region’s most breathtaking destinations, while creating memories that will last a lifetime!”
AmaWaterways and Adventures by Disney will offer guests an optional post-cruise land package in Amsterdam that includes a visit to the picturesque UNESCO World Heritage Site of Kinderdijk along with a private farewell dinner.
If you’re interested in these new 2017 Adventures by Disney departures, we’d recommend booking early. When this year’s sailings were first announced last year, it didn’t take long for voyages to sell out completely. Judging by the response and the additional commitments from both companies to increase departures for 2017, it seems likely that these unique, family-friendly river cruises will do likewise.
- Walt Disney World Resort 2020 Theme Park Tickets and Disney Resort Hotel Bookings Now Available - July 9, 2020
- Walt Disney World Resort Updates/Modifies It’s Disney’s Magical Express Service - July 9, 2020
- Walt Disney World Resort Theme Parks Prepare for Their Phased Reopening Beginning This Weekend - July 8, 2020