Originally published in Orlando Theme Park News Friday, December 02, 2016 |
The Walt Disney World Resort is introducing yet another special, add-on service associated with the park-hopper ticket called “Express Transportation.” This new option enables Guests with park-hopper tickets to travel more conveniently than ever between theme parks by whisking them from inside one and transporting them straight into another. After initial entry into a theme park, Guests will be picked up and dropped off by Disney buses from directly inside the parks.
By traveling between backstage locations, Guests can spend even more time enjoying the theme parks.
This feature will be available beginning December 7, 2016 when purchasing or upgrading Park Hopper tickets at Vacation Planning or Guest Relations. Express Transportation will be available at all four Walt Disney World theme parks from 10:00 a.m. until park close.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How can Guests get Express Transportation?
Guests may add this option at Vacation Planning and Guest Relation locations throughout property and at the new Express Transportation kiosks in the parks. For single-day service, Express Transportation can be added onto a Park Hopper ticket for $15 per person. For multi-day service, it is $24 per person.
Where will Express Transportation pick up and drop off Guests?
- Magic Kingdom Park: near the exit of Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland;
- Epcot: east of Spaceship Earth;
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios: adjacent to the Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Courtyard;
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park: near Kilimanjaro Safaris entrance.
How often will Guests be picked up? When will it start and stop each day?
Guests will be picked up every 30 minutes beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Will Guests be in backstage areas by themselves?
No. Guests will be escorted by a Guest Relations Cast Member into backstage areas. Similar to the way Disney currently operates VIP Tour Services and other experiences, Express Transportation will allow Guests limited access backstage with an escort. This includes no photography in backstage areas.
Is this service available for Cast Members and Annual Passholders?
Cast Members and Annual Passholders may purchase the $15 single-day option.
Latest posts by Don Korta (see all)
- HAVE IT ALL with Holland America Lines! - September 22, 2021
- ATLAS OCEAN VOYAGES: SPECIAL: FILM LOVERS’ EXTRAORDINARY CARIBBEAN JOURNEY - September 22, 2021
- California Grill Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort With Special Limited-Time Menu - September 22, 2021