Share this post:
Are you looking for a place to cheer on your favorite team and sip on some delicious hand-crafted cocktails? Look no further than our on-site hotels!
We’ll be serving up five unique versions of the Caipirinha, Brazil’s national cocktail, you to enjoy while watching the games with us from August 5-21. Each one of our hotels will feature a signature Caipirinha, handcrafted by one of our mixologists at Loews Sapphire Falls Resort, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Cabana Bay Beach Resort and Hard Rock Hotel.
Can’t make it to one of our hotels? We’ve included the recipes to bring the flavors of these five signature drinks right to your home!
Loews Sapphire Falls Resort – “Copinarihna”
The Copinarihna features notes of pineapple and coconut rum for a Caribbean/Brazilian flavor.
- 1 ½ oz pineapple-infused Leblon Cachaça
- ½ oz. Rum Haven Coconut Rum
- 3 bar spoons sugar
- 4 lime wedges
- Directions: Muddle limes and sugar in a mixing tin. Fill tin halfway with ice. Add pineapple-infused cachaça and coconut rum to the tin and shake. Fill high ball glass with ice. Strain the drink into the high ball glass and garnish with pineapple wedge.
Loews Portofino Bay Hotel – “Gioia” (Italian for joy)
The “Gioia” features homemade lemon and grilled pineapple simple syrup.
- 1 ½ oz Leblon Cachaça
- ½ oz Zaya 12-year aged rum
- ½ oz homemade grilled pineapple syrup
- 2 dashes Bittermans tiki bitters
- 1 oz pineapple juice
- 2 lemon wedges
- 1 pineapple chunk
- Directions: In 14-oz pint glass, muddle pineapple, lemon and grilled pineapple simple syrup. Add ice. Pour Leblon Cachaça, Zaya 12-yr rum, pineapple juice and tiki bitters over ice. Shake and return to 14 oz pint glass. Garnish with lemon wedge and pineapple slice and serve.
Loews Royal Pacific Resort – “Pacific Morning”
The Pacific Morning’s twist on the Caipirinha features sparkling wine and berries.
- 1 oz Leblon Cachaça
- 6 mint leaves
- muddled berries (optional)
- 1 oz apple juice
- ½ oz lime juice
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 3 oz sparkling wine
- Directions: Muddle the mixed berries (optional) and mint in a shaker tin. Add the Leblon Cachaça, apple juice, lime juice, simple syrup to the shaker and shake vigorously. Pour into a champagne flute. Top off with champagne. Garnish with strawberry on the rim.
Universal’s Cabana Bay Beach Resort – “Cocopirinha”
The Cocopirinha features coconut and lychee liqueur.
- 1 oz Spiral Cachaça
- 1 ¼ oz Organic Mixology coconut & lychee liqueur
- ¼ oz fresh lime juice
- Directions: In double old fashioned glass, squeeze & leave 3 lime wedges. In a mixing tin, shake Spiral Cachaça and Organic Mixology coconut & lychee liqueur with ice and strain over ice. Garnish with lime wedge and swizzle stick.
Hard Rock Hotel – “Velvet Caipirinha”
The Velvet Caipirinha features housemade lavender simple syrup, grapefruit juice and basil leaves.
- 2 oz Leblon Cachaça
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
- ½ oz housemade lavender simple syrup*
- 3 oz local fresh grapefruit juice
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Directions: Combine simple syrup, lime, and basil in shaker and muddle. Add ice and Leblon Cachaca and shake hard. Pour all contents into a Collins glass. Top with grapefruit juice. Garnish with lime wheel and basil leaf.
- *For simple syrup: Bring 3 cups water to boil. Combine 3 cups sugar and stir until dissolved. Add in 4 tbsp. of dried lavender. Let steep for 2 hours or until syrup is a yellowish color. Strain out lavender seeds and store syrup in fridge in squeeze bottle. Be mindful when using this syrup—a little goes a very long way.
These Caipirinhas will be available at all on-site hotels with viewing areas through August 21.
Come on by and grab a drink or book a stay in the heart of the excitement.
Please remember to contact Destinations With Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, and Cruising Needs.
With Destinations With Character Travel, you will have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
As always, When you book with us, All of our Disney Services, including FastPass and Dining reservation services are completely FREE when booking through us!
Please remember to “Like” Destinations With Character Travel on Facebook ,
- SOAR TO GREATER HEIGHTS: 2020 & 2021 VACATION PACKAGE SPECIALS NOW AVAILABLE! - September 12, 2020
- The 2020 Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Exclusive Vacation Package - September 10, 2020
- Savi’s Workshop Opens September 20, 2020 – Guests Can Soon Craft Their Own Lightsaber Again Inside Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios - September 10, 2020