Princess Cruises, Senior Vice President North America Sales & Trade Marketing, John Chernesky, issued the following letter to travel agencies yesterday regarding advice and safety guidelines for all cruise passengers, not just during the current coronavirus outbreak, but also good practices whenever you travel or cruise.
Urgent: Travel Advisor Guidance on Guest Travel
As we look forward to the state of travel returning back to normal very soon, it’s important to make note of ways to help ensure that your clients enjoy a safe and worry-free vacation.
In an abundance of caution and based on our recent learnings from Diamond Princess, we ask for your assistance in encouraging your clients – our guests – to follow these best practices for travel:
• Provide Emergency Contact — It is critical that each of your clients provides a validated emergency contact & phone number within Cruise Personalizer. The emergency contact should not be traveling with the client. Since we will always be able to reach you, their travel advisor, this emergency contact should be another personal connection.
• Mobile phone instructions — Your clients should enable an international travel plan inclusive of voice and data. Cell phones will not work the same in all countries without an international plan and Wi-Fi is not as available in many countries. An international plan will enable your clients to stay connected at a reasonable rate and ensure they can be contacted.
• Purchase travel protection — It’s always a good idea to strongly recommend that your clients purchase Princess Vacation Protection, or some other form of travel protection, not only to protect them from any losses stemming from unforeseeable circumstances during their vacation, but to give them confidence to make new plans with the “cancel for any reason” coverage offered by Princess Vacation Protection.
• Practice healthy travel habits — According to the World Health Organization and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control, the simplest and most effective way to prevent illness, is to take extra care to practice basic health habits, including:
• Be aware of latest health advisories and new travel restrictions — Visit our Notices & Advisories page for our latest health advisories, travel restrictions, and healthy travel tips.
For those of you who have clients booked on a cruise coming up, I encourage you to check in with them to assure them of the stringent safety procedures we have in place and address any concerns they may have about sailing with Princess and travel in general.
More information can be found at:
• U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
• World Health Organization (WHO) Website:
Thank you for your continued support.
• Pack 14 days of extra medication — In the event of unexpected travel delays and emergencies, please remind your clients to bring additional prescription medication for at least two weeks beyond the length of the cruise. Also they should bring a list of the names, strengths and dosages of all medications in case refills are required.
- Washing your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds
- Taking advantage of hand sanitizer wherever it’s available
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing using a tissue or your bent elbow. And always dispose of the used tissue and wash your hands afterwards
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with your hands
- Avoiding close contact with sick people
• Princess Cruises Notices & Advisory page:
Senior Vice President
North America Sales & Trade Marketing
Along with their Trained & Certified Family of Agents, they are in the business of “Making Dream Vacations Come True”.
With clients ranging from Hollywood Magic Makers to New York Business Executives, to Families all over the Midwest, people trust the Travel Consultants of Destinations with Character Travel Agency to plan their Magical Vacations every day, with the patience, care, and attention to detail, they want and deserve.
At Destinations with Character Travel, Quality, Service, and Customer Satisfaction are the Priority. They offer premiere travel services for clients interested in Disney Destinations, Cruises, Resort Vacations, Tours, and much more.
Contact them at: