By Amanda Kondolojy, Wednesday, November 16, 2016 04:58
Black Friday has become so much of an institution in the United States that searches for this retail event have outstripped searches for Thanksgiving for the better part of the last decade, according to Google Trends. And while Disney has been historically happy to essentially ignore Black Friday, offering just a few sales at the erstwhile Downtown Disney in years past, 2016 is going to be different.
Now that Disney Springs has nearly completed its transformation into a high-end shopping destination with the opening of the Town Center district, Disney is going all out this Black Friday to try and convince shoppers that instead of heading to the mall, Best Buy, or waiting for Cyber Monday, they should instead be planning a trip to Walt Disney World. If you’re planning a Black Friday trip to Disney Springs, here’s what you can expect:
1. Disney Springs is going to open much earlier than usual
Though Disney Springs normally opens at 10:00AM, the Black Friday event will bring earlier hours to the shopping district on November 25th and 26th. On both of these two days all Disney Springs retail locations will open at 8:00AM to let in early bird deal hunters. In addition, several dining locations will also be open early, including the following:
6:30 AM: Starbucks (Marketplace location)
7:00 AM: Starbucks (Westside location)
8:00 AM: Select dining locations, including Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC, Wolfgang Puck Express, Ghirardelli, Dockside Margaritas, The Daily Poutine, Outdoor Vending Carts, Marketplace Snacks, and the West Side Food Truck Park
9:00 AM: Frontera Cocina, Bongos Express
10:00 AM: Paradiso 37
2. Incredible deals will be available for early shoppers
Of course, Black Friday is all about the deals, and Disney Springs will definitely have plenty of limited-time sales for bargain hunters to check out. Here’s a highlight of some of more than 60 locations planning special sales and promotions for Black Friday:
- APEX by Sunglass Hut and Sunglass Icon: 60% off original prices of select styles
- Curl by Sammy Duvall: Save up to 40% on select merchandise and enjoy “gift with purchase” items throughout the store
- Levi’s: 40% off entire purchase
- Lilly Pulitzer: Spend $75 and receive a free pair of earrings; spend $150 and receive a free necklace; spend $500 and receive a free jewelry box
- Lucky Brand: Save 40% off all merchandise, excluding “rare finds”
- Pandora Jewelry: Free bangle with $125 purchase
- Savannah Bee Co.: Receive a free jar of Whipped Honey with Passion Fruit with every purchase, while supplies last
- Superdry: Buy 2 items, get 1 free in store
- The LEGO Store: Save up to 50% off select merchandise, while supplies last (Nov. 25 only)
- Vince Camuto: Save 40% off entire purchase plus additional door busters at 50% off
- Volcom: Save 40% off all Volcom-branded merchandise
- Ghirardelli Chocolate and Ice Cream Shop: From 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. on Nov. 25, enjoy a free coffee when you spend $4.95 or more on your purchase
- Fit2Run, The Runner’s Superstore: Free 1 Year Club Fit2Run Membership to first ten guests on Nov. 25 and Nov. 26, 2016
In addition to these deals at third party stores, guests who visit Disney-owned locations will also find a number of deals, including a Vera Bradley “Midnight with Mickey” hipster bag that will be available for $24.99 at Marketplace Co-Op, Storm Trooper Action Figures for $14.99 at Star Wars Galactic Outpost, and a holiday wreath with lights for $16.99 at Disney’s Days of Christmas.
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- New from Ancestry® and Kensington Tours Personal Heritage Journeys – A journey unlike any other, one you will cherish forever. - March 2, 2021
- Great Deal for The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana! - March 1, 2021
- Royal Caribbean Odyssey of the Seas – Inaugural Season Now Sailing From Haffa, Israel in May 2021 - March 1, 2021