This might sound crazy, but one of my favorite things about booking my next vacation is figuring out what to pack. I write out lists upon lists, map out the way my clothes will fit in my suitcase, think about colors, activities… and when I do finally start to pack my suitcase, I love to lay out all my outfits based on activity, days and what the weather will be like.
1. Theme Park-Friendly Clothes
I personally like to pack athleisure clothing for a full day in the park. This consists of leggings and t-shirts. If you’ve booked your trip in the middle of summer, you’ll want to be sure to pack lighter clothes to keep you cool.
Although Florida might be known as the Sunshine State, if you’re visiting in the winter, you may want a sweater or light jacket. Speaking of the Sunshine State, Florida’s weather can tend to be pretty unpredictable when it comes to rain. Be sure to pack rain gear to ensure you stay dry during our summer afternoon rain showers.
2. Comfortable Shoes
I highly suggest bringing the most comfortable pair of shoes you own! When you’re staying at one of our on-site hotels, you can take a water taxi, shuttle bus or even walk directly to the parks.
Trust me; you’ll do plenty of walking while you’re visiting the parks! If you plan on having dinner at one of our hotel restaurants or maybe heading over to Universal CityWalk, you might want to bring some dress shoes, too.
3. Pool Essentials
When you stay at our on-site hotels, you’ll have seven pools to choose from, including a lazy river. So don’t forget sunscreen, sunglasses and your favorite swimsuit! You’ll definitely want to cool off in the pool and protect yourself from the sun during your stay.
You can also bring an extra bathing suit or change of clothing when visiting the theme parks. Some of the water rides, particularly in Universal’s Islands of Adventure, will get you pretty soaked!
4. Backpack or Shoulder Bag
It may come in handy to pack your rain gear and other loose items in a small, soft bag to take with you to the pool and the parks. The parks have lockers for rent—and they’re free for an hour while you’re on your favorite roller coaster or thrill ride.
Last but not least, be sure to bring your camera with spare batteries and memory cards. If you plan on taking a lot of photos on your phone, you may want to bring an external phone battery charger as well. The photo ops are truly endless at Universal Orlando Resort!
- If you didn’t purchase your tickets in advance, you can buy them at any of our on-site hotels or at the front entrance of the park.
- You’ll be able to skip the regular lines at most rides and attractions with Universal Express Unlimited passes when you stay at Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Loews Portofino Bay Hotel or Hard Rock Hotel.
- Take advantage of Early Park Admission, one hour before the theme parks open, while staying at any of our hotels.
- You can have merchandise you’ve purchased throughout the resort delivered directly to your on-site hotel room. Just ask your cashier.
What are your favorite packing and travel tips for Universal Orlando Resort?
- Originally published in Universal Orlando Blog by Michelle Russo
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- HAVE IT ALL with Holland America Lines! - September 22, 2021
- ATLAS OCEAN VOYAGES: SPECIAL: FILM LOVERS’ EXTRAORDINARY CARIBBEAN JOURNEY - September 22, 2021
- California Grill Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort With Special Limited-Time Menu - September 22, 2021