We’re already in mid-June and vacation planning & booking for the 2016 holiday season at the Walt Disney World Resort is already in full swing!
Beginning November 1st the Christmas decorations will be going up at all of the Walt Disney World Parks & Resorts and just short of a week the entire resort will be transformed into a magical holiday wonderland. There will special special ticketed events and tons of free things guests can do to enjoy the holiday atmosphere. You can roam around the all new Disney Springs and check out the entire area decked out in all its holiday cheer. Take a ride on the monorail and check out the fabulous Christmas decorations at Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Be sure to check out the holiday gingerbread displays at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, one of the Christmas highlights of the resort!
If your visiting the Magic Kingdom, be sure to check the schedules so you can see Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas Time Parade in person.
Holiday Wishes Nighttime Spectacular
Check out the re-imagining of the Jungle Cruise attraction into Jingle Cruise
MICKEY’S VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS PARTY
Celebrate the magic of the holiday season with your family at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, a special event held select nights in November and December at Magic Kingdom® Park!
This festive celebration is filled with spectacular fireworks, a very special holiday parade and live entertainment featuring your favorite Disney Characters. Purchase of an additional event admission ticket is required to attend this event, and tickets sell out quickly.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party features:
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration, a jubilant new stage show that fills the air with music, laughter and shimmering snowflakes featuring Mickey and lots of his Disney pals
- Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmastime Parade, complete with a special appearance by Santa Claus himself
- An exclusive holiday fireworks extravaganza – Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- Live entertainment featuring Disney Characters
- Meet and greet opportunities throughout Magic Kingdom Park with some of your favorite Disney Characters
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- A magical snow fall on Main Street, U.S.A.
- Special access to many of the most popular Magic Kingdom attractions
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party will take place in 2016 from 7:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. on the following dates:
- November 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27 and 29
- December 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 and 22
2016 Ticket Prices:
|Advance Sales Dates*||Guest Ages 10+||Guest Ages 3-9|
|Nov. 10, 13||$86 + tax||$81 + tax|
|Nov. 18, 27, 29, Dec. 2, 4, 6, 8, 11, 13||$92 + tax||$87 + tax|
|Same-Day Sales Dates||Guest Ages 10+||Guest Ages 3-9|
|Nov. 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, Dec. 1||$91 + tax||$86 + tax|
|Nov. 18, 27, 29, Dec. 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15||$96 + tax||$91 + tax|
|Dec. 16, 18, 22||$99 + tax||$94 + tax|
Tickets are subject to availability.
*Advance Sales Pricing is available for all events except 11/7, 11/8, 11/11, 11/15, 12/1, 12/9, 12/15, 12/16, 12/18 & 12/22. For events on these dates, only Same-Day Sales Pricing applies. For events on all other dates, Advance Sales Pricing is available and Same-Day Pricing will be applicable on the day of the event (if available). All prices are in U.S. dollars.
Epcot Holidays Around The World!
Over at Epcot, you can enjoy “Holidays Around The World” and Celebrate the holiday season with the characters, legends and lore from around the globe. Delight in wondrous tales and customs while experiencing the traditions of Walt Disney World® Resort. The signature events include a breathtaking Candlelight Processional and a special holiday-themed finale to the dazzling IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.
Event Dates: Be sure to check back for 2016 dates and entertainment information.
Event Tickets: Admission to Epcot® required.
Entertainment Highlights (subject to change without notice):
Ongoing Holiday celebrations throughout the World Showcase featuring festive food, fun and entertainment from a variety of exciting cultures worldwide include:
Candlelight Processional – One of the most beloved holiday traditions at Epcot – a joyous retelling of the Christmas story by a celebrity narrator accompanied by a 50-piece orchestra and a glorious mass choir.
IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth: A spectacular light and sound show every night at 9:30 p.m. at the World Showcase Lagoon featuring a very special holiday finale, which includes the classic song “Let There Be Peace On Earth” and the voice of Walter Cronkite offering a special holiday message.
Holiday Storytellers: Listen to legendary holiday folklore from around the world as told at the World Showcase by the legends themselves, including France’s Père Noël, Italy’s La Befana and America’s Santa Claus.
Epcot Holiday Merchandise: Stroll through the World Showcase and discover festive holiday gifts for the entire family! Visit Santa’s Village in America Adventure or stop by France for a delicious gourmet treat. You may even catch a glass blower in Germany putting the finishing touches on a seasonal ornament!
Mixing holiday cheer with Disney magic, Disney Springs offers a twinkling wonderland of festive fun!
Embrace the Spirit of the Season
Celebrate the holidays with live entertainment, photo opportunities and so much more!Throughout the holiday season, Disney Springs invites you to enjoy the twinkling lights, gaze upon a grandiose tree and walk about in wonder as yuletide touches abound at every turn.
You can even bring your little ones to meet Santa Claus, and then search for the perfect present at a series of unique specialty shops!
Float through Disney Springs to find an unforgettable gift, search for your stocking stuffers or pick up a few new holiday keepsakes!
Discover a variety of delightful diversions with a score of seasonal sights and sounds all around! The joyous live entertainment includes:
- Holiday carolers
- Costumed stilt walkers and performers
- Lively holiday music
Visit with Santa
Be sure to stop by to spend some time with Santa, share your wish lists and enjoy a unique photo opportunity!
Disney’s Holiday D-Lights
The Walt Disney Parks also has a special holiday tour titled, Holiday D-Lights. Discover how Walt Disney World Resort becomes even more magical for the holidays on this illuminating 5-hour tour.
Walk in Our Winter Wonderland
Come celebrate the magic of the holidays like only Disney can with the festive sights and sounds of the season. As night falls, your “holiday host” will unwrap some of the secrets behind our most cherished traditions:
- Epcot: Witness the stirring Candlelight Processional, a retelling of the Christmas story brought to life by a 50-piece live orchestra, choir and celebrity narrator.
- Magic Kingdom Park: Take in the charm of delightful holiday trimmings on Main Street, U.S.A. and behold the majesty of Cinderella Castle, transformed into a crystalline ice palace just for the holidays.
- Meet the talented Event & Decorating Support team responsible for turning the entire Resort into a winter wonderland and producing thousands of grand-scale events each year.
- Enjoy a light holiday-themed buffet, included with your tour.
Each Guest will also receive a limited-edition keepsake pin exclusive to this tour.
Know Before You Go
View important information including tour availability, Guest restrictions and cancellation policies.
- As this is a seasonal event, Disney’s Holiday D-Lights tour is offered only on select nights in November and December. Call (407) WDW-TOUR or (407) 939-8687 for exact dates.
- For safety reasons, closed-toe and closed-heel shoes, such as sneakers, are required for this experience. No sandals, open-toe or open-heel shoes will be permitted.
- No cameras, video equipment or cell phones may be used while backstage. Photography is allowed and encouraged in non-backstage areas.
- Tour itinerary, content, duration and availability are subject to change without notice.
- Guests must be 16 years of age or older and have a valid photo ID.
- Please check in at the Main Entrance of Epcot 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour. You will forfeit the entire price of your tour if you no-show or cancel within 2 days of your reservation.
The cost for Disney’s Holiday D-Lights Tour is $259 per adult.
Please remember to contact Destinations With Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, and Cruising Needs.
With Destinations With Character Travel, you will have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
As always, All of our Disney Services, including FastPass and Dining reservation services are completely FREE when booking through us!
Please remember to “Like” Destinations With Character Travel on Facebook ,
- BLACK FRIDAY DEALS with Travel Impressions & Destinations with Character Travel - November 27, 2020
- BLACK FRIDAY DEALS with Funjet Vacations & Destinations with Character Travel - November 27, 2020
- BLACK FRIDAY DEALS with Apple Vacations & Destinations with Character Travel - November 27, 2020