Where Do Americans Dream of Traveling?

If Americans could travel anywhere in the world, most would go Down Under.

According to Travel Leaders Group’s 2017 Consumer Travel Survey of more than 2,850 U.S. consumers, Australia remains the ultimate dream destination for American travelers.

“Australia is undeniably captivating to many Americans,” said Travel Leaders Group CEO Ninan Chacko in a statement. “With a size mirroring that of the continental U.S., it offers immense variety from cosmopolitan cities to the rugged outback and from world-class beaches and the Great Barrier Reef to award-winning wine regions.”

Trailing Australia and rounding out the top five American dream destinations are Italy, Bora Bora, Ireland and New Zealand.

Other favorites include world cruises, Fiji, Mediterranean cruises, the Greek Islands and Tahiti. European river cruises, Antarctica, South Pacific cruises, Australia/New Zealand cruises and France also cracked the list.

Ireland (36.5 percent) and New Zealand (31.2 percent) are the two overseas destinations most likely to make Americans’ bucket list with roughly one-third of U.S. travelers labeling them must-see destinations.

About one-quarter of Americans feel the same about Fiji (24.4 percent), the Galapagos Islands (24 percent) and Tahiti (23.2 percent) while approximately one in five consider Iceland (22.2 percent), Bora Bora (21.6 percent) and Cuba (18 percent) to be must-see destinations.

Some of those Americans headed to their dream destinations in 2017 will do so with concern about how they might be perceived amid the current political landscape.

According to Travel Leaders Group’s survey, only 32 percent of Americans have zero concern about international perception while the remaining 68 percent have slight, some or great concern.

However, only 7.2 percent expressed great concern about traveling abroad because of perception.

“Understandably, travelers have questions, because the political landscape in this country has vastly changed,” added Chacko. “Their concerns are more than likely dispelled upon traveling. The strong bookings we are seeing for this year are very representative of that.”

When it comes to domestic travel, Americans prefer the warmth and sunshine of Hawaii and California. However, Alaska, Florida and New York are also extremely popular.

Arizona, Colorado, Maine, Montana, Washington state and Washington, D.C. are also favorites based on Travel Leaders Group’s research.


-From Travel Pulse News, June 8, 2017 by Patrick Clarke



Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?

For the latest in Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Cruise and other travel news, remember to follow the Destinations with Character Travel web site, and “Like” and follow us on Facebook.

For additional Disney Fun, Join our Disney Fan GroupDisney Destinations Characters, on Facebook!

Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.

We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.

Email: destwithchar@comcast.net

Phone: 630-308-2350

Don Korta
Follow Us