Heading to Discovery Island:
The Tree of Life has never looked better:
As previously mentioned, the seating area of the Flame Tree Barbecue restaurant is now open:
A covered walkway now connects multiple seating areas:
This is a brand-new canopy:
This view will never get old:
One of the light fixtures around Discovery Island is missing:
Let’s now take a look around the expanded walkway behind the Tree of Life:
In addition to being wider, the walkways are now net-free and feature a new fence and new lights:
The macaws are gone:
The African Crested Porcupine has returned:
The pathway then leads to either Starbucks or the gateway to Africa:
The Tree of Life Garden has not reopened yet:
It’s time to go back to the future entrance to Pandora:
New lanterns have been installed on the bridge leading to this new AVATAR-themed land:
The new bridge was also recently unveiled:
In the previous part, we focused on Discovery Island and what’s currently visible of the new Pandora – The World of AVATAR. We will now continue to explore our favorite Orlando theme park by visiting Africa, Asia, and even DinoLand U.S.A. There’s still so much more to see! We hope you will enjoy the rest of this update.
The park felt quite busy yesterday afternoon:
The temporary Guest Relations was closed by the time we came to this area:
See? The park was busy:
Work is still not done on the roof of the Caravan Stage Theater:
We always enjoy walking around Anandapur:
Expedition Everest was really busy:
No Rivers of Light…. Sigh.
New FastPass+ signs were recently installed next to the Discovery River Theater entrances in Asia:
We love being able to work without… missing the sunset:
Since Rivers of Light is still in some kind of limbo, a portion of the Discovery River Theater (in DinoLand only) is currently being used as a stroller parking for the neighboring Finding Nemo – The Musical:
We have to admit that we like corny puns such as this one:
Primeval Whirl had a 40-minute wait with both sides operating:
After being down for months, we were glad to be able to ride DINOSAUR again. What made our experience even better was the fact that many of the original special effects have finally been restored:
Among the enhancements, we observed the following (there might be even more that we missed):
- The time travel portals have a new light sequence that involves more strobe lights than in the past;
- Most of the dinosaurs appear to be easier to see thanks to enhanced lighting;
- The Hadrosaur’s babies finally move. They appeared to be static figures in the past;
- The meteors and small volcanoes seen around the ride are easier to see;
- Background animal noises can now be heard very clearly in the Sauropod scene;
- The baby Pterodactyls move a lot now;
- The background in the “roundabout” scene now lights up with a lightning strike;
- The static Compsognathus figures has been replaced by some very convincing screens;
- The “chase” scene with the Carnotaurus is much better now thanks to restored audio effects;
- The laser net around the Iguanodon has finally returned.
The large poster that included possible causes of the extinction of dinosaurs is gone:
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- Disney Foodie News Update #2: Dining Guide to Disneyland Resort Reopening – Wine Country Trattoria, Oga’s Cantina, Rancho del Zocalo, Jack-Jack Cookie Num Nums, Tiki Juice Bar, and More Opening in June - June 16, 2021
- AmaWaterways Announces Portugal Experiences Are Open This Summer! - June 16, 2021
- C.I.E. International Tours100,000 Welcomes Await – Plus up to $800 savings - June 16, 2021