The Downtown Disney® District at the Disneyland® Resort is continuing its ambitious, promenade-wide transformation in 2018. Multiple new venues and significant refurbishments to marquee dining and retail locations, including the World of Disney store, will be completed throughout the year while Downtown Disney District remains open to Guests. The result will be a fresh, one-of-a-kind Disney experience, immersing you by day and night in the greatest mix of family-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment.
Wildly popular San Diego-based brewer Ballast Point will open its first Orange County location in Downtown Disney District later this year.
Ballast Point pairs its high-quality, award-winning beers with an extensive menu of Southern California cuisine—salads, small plates, flatbreads and entrees featuring local, sustainable and seasonal ingredients.
The space will house the first-ever on-site brewery, tasting room, kitchen and outdoor beer garden at Downtown Disney District. Construction is scheduled to begin soon, across from Catal Restaurant and Uva Bar.
Recently opened in Downtown Disney District is the multi-sensory experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire by ILMxLAB and The VOID. The hyper-reality experience transports guests deep into the Star Wars universe, allowing them to walk freely and untethered throughout the space.
Other exciting experiences slated to open in 2018 include:
- World of Disney will be reimagined into a new, dynamic and distinctly Disney retail environment. The flagship store will remain open to Guests for shopping during the majority of the refurbishment, with work expected to be completed in phases throughout 2018.
- Splitsville Luxury Lanes will offer a unique combination of dining, drinks, bowling and entertainment. Opening on Jan. 29, 2019.
- Disney Home will offer fans a variety of Disney-themed home goods. Opening in February 2018.
- Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria will undergo renovations to expand its outside patio with a new outside bar. Inside, three wood burning ovens will be installed to better meet guests’ demands for authentic Napoletana-style pizza pies. The restaurant will remain open throughout construction, which is slated to be completed in fall 2018.
- Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer will serve its award-winning burgers and signature CrazyShake™ milkshakes in a casual atmosphere. Opening later this year.
And you can visit other locations at Downtown Disney District, including The LEGO Store, Curl Surf, Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Sephora, Sprinkles, PANDORA Jewelry, The Dream Boutique and more.
Click HERE to request additional information regarding Destinations, Planning and booking a Walt Disney World Resort Vacation Package.
Experience for yourself the Stress Free and Hassle Free process available with Destinations with Character Travel.
Take advantage of our FREE Rate Monitoring, FREE FastPass+ Reservation Services,
FREE Advanced Dining Reservation Services, Trained Dedicated Agents, and So Much More!
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- 11 Reasons to Use a Travel Agent for Your Next Vacation - February 24, 2021
- AM Resorts – Seize Your Sunshine, SAVINGS UP TO 40% + FREE EXTRAS! - February 22, 2021
- It’s Tasty Fare Time – Disney Parks Best Bites – February 2021 - February 22, 2021