A Look Ahead at Walt Disney World Resort
For nearly 50 years, Walt Disney World Resort has continued to evolve the guest experience to best suit the changing times.
As the Walt Disney World Resort plans for the future, they are looking at how needs and preferences are changing across the travel industry, particularly in the way people want to get places faster, at their convenience.
Vacationers have more options to choose from than ever for transportation, including ride-share services that save time and offer more flexibility to go where they want, when they want.
In light of this shift, when Disney Resort hotel bookings open for stays in 2022, the Walt Disney World Resort will no longer offer Disney’s Magical Express service for airport transportation, starting with arrivals Jan. 1, 2022.
The Walt Disney World Resort will continue to operate the service for new and existing reservations made at Disney Resort hotels for arrivals throughout 2021.
Additionally, complimentary transportation options – such as buses, monorails and Disney Skyliner – will continue to be available within Walt Disney World Resort for Disney Resort hotel guests, including to and from all four theme parks.
While the Walt Disney World Resort is retiring this option, they’re introducing some new ways for guests to enjoy their visits, while reimagining others:
- Return of the Park Hopper Option: The Walt Disney World Resort kicked off a new year with the exciting milestone of bringing back the Park Hopper option, with some new updates as part of their ongoing focus on health and safety. With the return of this option, guests can enjoy more Disney magic in our theme parks, including the Taste of EPCOT International Festival of the Arts happening now through Feb. 22, 2021 and the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival springing to life beginning March 3.
- Special Vacation Offer: For those of ready to start planning their next vacation, the Walt Disney World Resort just released a special new offer! Get two extra days added to your ticket when you buy a 4-night/3-day room and ticket package at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights Jan. 8 through Sept. 2, 2021.
- Early Theme Park Entry: The Walt Disney World Resort knows how much guests enjoy extra park time, so coming later this year as part of our 50th anniversary celebration, Disney Resort hotel guests and guests of other select hotels will be able to enjoy more fun with 30-minute early entry to ANY theme park, EVERY day. It’ll be a great way to get a jump start on your Disney day, no matter the day! As a reminder, the Extra Magic Hours benefit was suspended when Walt Disney World Resort reopened last summer, and as Disney continues to manage attendance with health and safety top of mind, Extra Magic Hours will not return. The new early theme park entry benefit helps Disney better spread visitation across all four theme parks, while providing added flexibility by giving guests extra early park time on each day of their vacation and in the park of their choosing. Please note that guests need valid admission and a park reservation made via the Disney Park Pass system to enter a theme park.
As with every other change the Walt Disney World Resort has made in its history, they will help guests navigate through these next steps and will continue to deliver on what’s expected from a Disney experience.
The Walt Disney World Resort remains focused on exploring new ways for guests to spend more time with their friends and families and creating memories to last a lifetime.
For Additional Information & Details, Contact Destinations with Character Travel Today!
The next time you’re looking to book a trip, no matter what the Destination,
a “A Family Owned & Operated – Disney Earmarked Travel Agency“
& Leave The Booking To Us!
“Family Owned & Operated”
- Hurricane Ian Update for Walt Disney World Resort (September 29, 2022 7:30 PM E.T.) - September 29, 2022
- Hurricane Ian Update for Walt Disney World Resort (September 29, 2022 3:00PM E.T.) - September 29, 2022
- Updated Hurricane Ian Impacts for Walt Disney World Resort (September 29, 2022 – 9:00 AM E.T.) - September 29, 2022