Seafood lovers are rejoicing to our mango shrimp ceviche at the Food & Wine Festival this year. Our secret ingredient – kimchi base! Check out the full recipe below and don’t forget to serve it in a martini glass. It just makes it so much fancier.
Full ingredient list and instructions below.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 12-oz. bottle of beer
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp. old bay seasoning
- 12 oz. water
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1/2 cup diced euro cucumbers
- 1/2 cup diced peppers (red or green)
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 tbs. kimchi base
- 1 whole freshly squeezed lime
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In medium saucepan, bring beer, lemon, old bay seasoning and water to a boil. Then, add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Drain and chill on ice until completely cooled.
- Combine mango, cucumbers, peppers, tomatoes, red onion, parsley, kimchi, lime, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Add chilled shrimp and refrigerate for at least three hours before serving. The longer it refrigerates, the better it marinates.
The Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival takes place for an extended nine weekends, starting Saturday, March 4 and runs through Sunday, April 30. The event is included with any Annual Pass, Fun Card or daily admission to the park. Food and beverage is not included with park admission and is available for an extra fee. Guests must be 21 years of age or older to consume alcoholic beverages.
The best way to see all your favorite concerts and experience every culinary cabin is with a Busch Gardens Fun Card. And for a limited time, when you buy a 2017 Fun Card, you get a FREE Adventure Island Fun Card. Click here for more info.
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- Step Inside & Get Your First Look at a Reimagined Room from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World - March 5, 2021
- New from Ancestry® and Kensington Tours Personal Heritage Journeys – A journey unlike any other, one you will cherish forever. - March 2, 2021
- Great Deal for The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana! - March 1, 2021