From the Disney Parks Blog…..
by Rachel Bshero, Food & Beverage Marketing Communications Coordinator
Back in March, I shared my favorite warm eats for cool days, and now in June with temperatures on the rise, it’s the perfect time to share my favorite picks for light, refreshing meals and snacks. Here’s a guide to Disneyland Resort dishes that are perfect for summertime.
- Picnic Salad, Hungry Bear Restaurant – My favorite refreshing summertime salad with turkey breast, strawberries, feta, cranberries, roasted almonds and jicama. Try the Turkey Caesar Wrap if you’re looking for lunch on the go.
- Corn on the Cob, Edelweiss Snacks – Choose traditional buttered corn on the cob or the zesty chili-lime variety. Either way, you can’t go wrong with grilled corn in the summer.
- Baked Fish Tacos, Rancho del Zocalo – Topped with cool cabbage slaw and chipotle-ranch, these baked fish tacos are a light summertime staple.
- Crispy Chicken Mixed Green Salad, The Golden Horseshoe – Kick up your feet in the cool air conditioning and take in a live performance by Laughing Stock Co. If you’re not looking for a full meal, try one of the sundaes or an ice cream float.
- Mint Julep, Mint Julep Bar – Quench your thirst in New Orleans Square with this southern-inspired beverage that’s a Disneyland classic. Don’t forget the Mickey-shaped beignets, too!
- Edamame, Lucky Fortune Cookery – Served slightly chilled and lightly salted, edamame is a great snack on the go that won’t weigh you down. We also love the fresh mango slices!
- Salads in Sourdough Bread Bowls, Pacific Wharf Café – Choose from the Chinese Chicken Salad with diced chicken, fresh greens, wontons, almonds, carrots, sesame seeds and scallions in a soy-ginger dressing, or try the Chicken, Apple & Walnut Salad with tender chicken breast, crisp apples, celery and walnuts in a honey-lemon dressing served on fresh greens.
- Vietnamese Twice-Cooked Beef Taco, Carthay Circle Lounge – These delicious tacos are topped with a refreshingly cool pineapple-mint salsa. Extra credit if you order the Sample of Ice Cream Macaron Sandwiches for dessert!
- Smoothies, Schmoozies – My personal favorite is Mango Madness with mangos, peaches, banana and low-fat yogurt blended with orange, pineapple, guava and passion fruit juice.
- Cool drinks from Cozy Cone Motel – You’ll stay cool cruising down Route 66 with Redd’s Apple Freeze, Fillmore’s Fuelin’ Groovy Lemonade, Ramone’s “Pear of Dice” Soda, Doc’s Wild Grape Tonic or a “Route” Beer Float!
- Ahi Poke, Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar – Tuck into this tropical hideaway (you lucky people you) and enjoy Ahi Poke with sushi-grade Ahi, avocado, wasabi yuzu, sriracha aioli and wonton chips with a refreshing, tropical beverage.
- Also perfect for sunny California days on the Trader Sam’s patio are the Shrimp Tacos and Chicken Lettuce Wraps.
- Seafood Cocktail, Hearthstone Lounge – This cool appetizer for a cozy watering hole features chilled shrimp, avocado, tomatoes, red onions and cucumbers in cocktail sauce.
- Chicken or Beef Nachos, White Water Snacks – Piled high with guacamole, sour cream, jalapeños and salsa, share them as a snack or have your own as a meal.
What’s your favorite thing to eat during the dog days of summer? Let us know in the comments below!
Please remember to contact Destinations With Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, and Cruising Needs.
With Destinations With Character Travel, you will have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
As always, When you book with us, All of our Disney Services, including FastPass and Dining reservation services are completely FREE when booking through us!
Please remember to “Like” Destinations With Character Travel on Facebook ,
- Week of April 4-10, 2021 – These 8 Cruise Lines Announced Restarts For Summer 2021! - April 10, 2021
- runDisney Virtual Series to Honor the Timeless Majesty of ‘The Lion King’ This Summer – Hakuna Matata! - April 6, 2021
- Disney Cruise Line Temporary Suspends Select Departures through September 19, 2021 - April 6, 2021