by Sarah Domenech, Hispanic Public Relations Manager
Flan is one of the more traditional desserts for Hispanic families, and to celebrate the recent National Flan Day, we reached out to our own Chef Yoly Colón to share her favorite recipe with us.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan. Gently swirl pan to combine, do not stir with a spoon or whisk.
2. Cook without stirring over medium-high heat for 6 to 10 minutes, or until syrup turns deep amber.
3. Quickly pour caramel into an 8-inch round metal or glass cake pan, tilting to evenly coat bottom. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 300°F.
2. Combine sweetened condensed milk, milk, eggs, egg yolks and vanilla in a large mixing bowl. Whisk for 2 minutes.
3. Grease sides of pan with caramel with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Carefully pour in milk and egg mixture and place cake pan in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Add enough hot water to come one-third up sides of baking dish.
5. Bake 1 hour or until set. Remove from oven and carefully remove flan from water bath. Cool for 1 hour on wire rack, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. To unmold, run a knife around the edge and invert onto serving plate.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! Qué rico!
Please remember to contact Destinations With Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, Seaworld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, and Cruising Needs.
With Destinations With Character Travel, you will have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
As always, When you book with us, All of our Disney Services, including FastPass and Dining reservation services are completely FREE when booking through us!
Please remember to “Like” Destinations With Character Travel on Facebook ,
- Week of April 4-10, 2021 – These 8 Cruise Lines Announced Restarts For Summer 2021! - April 10, 2021
- runDisney Virtual Series to Honor the Timeless Majesty of ‘The Lion King’ This Summer – Hakuna Matata! - April 6, 2021
- Disney Cruise Line Temporary Suspends Select Departures through September 19, 2021 - April 6, 2021