(9:30 a.m. EST) — A new competition is brewing on four Norwegian Cruise Line ships.
Norwegian Escape, Norwegian Getaway, Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Epic have unveiled “Escape the Big Top,” the line’s own rendition of an escape room, an increasingly popular activity in which players are “locked” in a room and need to solve puzzles in order to escape within a set timeframe.
Escape the Big Top is held in an existing entertainment venue on each ship; it is not a separate room. The experience is free, and passengers can sign up onboard at the ship’s box office.
Like other escape room concepts, players work together in teams to solve a puzzle while clues are provided throughout the game. The biggest difference with Escape the Big Top is that multiple teams compete in a single session, as opposed to one team trying to beat the clock themselves.
Here’s where you can find Escape the Big Top on each ship:
- Norwegian Escape — Supper Club
- Norwegian Getaway — Illusionarium
- Norwegian Breakaway — Spiegel Tent
- Norwegian Epic — Spiegel Tent
Royal Caribbean is the only other cruise line to offer an escape room. Check out our experience with Puzzle Break on Anthem of the Seas.
- Originally in Cruise Critic By Gina Kramer, Editor, March 8, 2017
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- Jiko – The Cooking Place, The Turf Club Bar and Grill, Flying Fish, Reopening Soon. Check out these Best Bites ! - January 15, 2022
- Experience the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Premiering Jan. 14 & Prepare With This Foodie Guide! - January 7, 2022
- SAVE Up To $500 While Enjoying Fun in the Sun This Spring & Summer at Walt Disney World Resort! - January 6, 2022