As many of you know, we’ve got BIG plans for our multi-year transformation of Epcot®, with new experiences that will “wow” you, while keeping true to the original vision of the park.
Today, we’re excited to share even more of what’s to come.
The ongoing evolution of Epcot includes plans for a play pavilion that’ll be unlike anything ever seen at the park.
This new space will be devoted to playful fun and feature an innovative city that’ll come to life under the dome of the un-named pavilion previously known as Wonders of Life.
The pavilion’s city will be bursting with interactive experiences, favorite Disney characters, hands-on activities and engaging entertainment when it opens just in time for the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World® Resort!
There will also be exciting changes to the way you come and go at Epcot.
As you can see in the image above, changes are coming to the Epcot main entrance, where the plaza will welcome Guests with new pathways, sweeping green spaces and a newly re-imagined fountain. This new design will pay homage to the original park entrance with fresh takes on classic elements.
As part of the new entry experience, Leave a Legacy photos will be moving into a beautiful setting just outside the park’s gateway.
Additional significant redevelopment will begin between Spaceship Earth attraction and the World Showcase Promenade.
More details about the transformation of this area will be announced at a later date.
And if you’re as excited as we are about these upcoming projects, you will soon be able to look into the future at a new Experience Center coming to Epcot later this year.
The Experience Center will be located in the former Odyssey Pavilion and feature interactive exhibits to help visualize park projects throughout this unprecedented period of transformation.
Here are some of the other exciting Epcot experiences we’ve shared:
- Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster in Future World
- Epcot Forever, a 2019 limited-time nighttime experience over World Showcase Lagoon set to classic Epcot tunes, followed by an all-new nighttime spectactular debuting in 2020
- Space-themed table-service restaurant adjacent to Mission: SPACE
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure attraction in the France pavilion, patterned after the number-one family attraction at Disneyland Paris
- Circle-Vision 360 film for the China pavilion and updated O Canada! 360-degree show
- Signature Dining experience inspired by the natural beauty of Japan
- “Beauty and the Beast” sing-along in the France pavilion, showing in addition to the pavilion’s current film, Impressions de France.
Stay tuned for more updates on the continuing transformation of Epcot.
- Jiko – The Cooking Place, The Turf Club Bar and Grill, Flying Fish, Reopening Soon. Check out these Best Bites ! - January 15, 2022
- Experience the 2022 EPCOT International Festival of the Arts Premiering Jan. 14 & Prepare With This Foodie Guide! - January 7, 2022
- SAVE Up To $500 While Enjoying Fun in the Sun This Spring & Summer at Walt Disney World Resort! - January 6, 2022