by Pam Brandon, Food Writer, Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort
From a gala dine-around at California Grill high atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort to celebrations in Epcot World Showcase and waterfront at Narcoossee’s at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, there are lots of options to ring in the New Year at Walt Disney World Resort. For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.
- California Grill New Year’s Eve Dinner. The talented California Grill chefs create a dine-around style gala, with cooking stations throughout the restaurant. And we hear that the Disney characters will make appearances – along with Baby New Year. Wine and cocktails are included. And of course a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks! 7:30 p.m.-midnight, $650. (Dinner jacket required for men.)
- Victoria & Albert’s New Year’s Eve Dinner. Enjoy a luxurious evening in this AAA Five Diamond restaurant with gracious “butler-style” service, live harp music and personalized menus to remember the special evening. Dinner is 10 courses, including eight savory courses and two desserts including eclectic wines from around the world. Seatings between 6-7:45 p.m. $600.
- New Year’s Eve at Epcot World ShowPlace. The spacious World ShowPlace Events pavilionopens for an all-you-care-to-eat extravaganza. Great photo ops with fun vignettes for posing (but no Disney characters) and Disney tunes make this a real family affair. Soups, salads, hearty dishes and desserts – and the kids get their own station with favorites like mac ‘n cheese, meatballs, chicken fritters and more. Seatings available from 3-9 p.m., $72.90, $44.38 ages 3 to 11. Later in the evening, head out to the promenade for fireworks over World Showcase Lagoon to welcome 2017.
- Monsieur Paul New Year’s Eve Dinner. The elegant upstairs dining room at the France pavilion at Epcot will offer six seatings on New Year’s Eve: 11:45a.m., noon, 2:15p.m., 2:45p.m., 5:45p.m. and 6:15p.m. A four-course, prix fixe menu of classical French cuisine reflects the traditions of Chef Paul Bocuse, one of the most famous chefs in France (for whom the restaurant is named). Cost is $110.81. A special late-night dinner with two seatings at 8:45p.m. and 9:45p.m. offers and enhanced French menu, including Paul Bocuse’s famous Soupe aux Truffles V.G.E. Cost is $305.03.
- La Hacienda de San Angel New Year’s Dinner. This special evening at the Mexico pavilion in Epcot World Showcase starts at 9:30p.m. and ends at 1a.m., and includes a five-course prix fixe dinner, live music with the mariachi band and a fabulous view of the Epcot IllumiNations holiday show. Start the evening with a welcome margarita, then try the tequila pairing with the appetizers. Wine is served with the main course (surf n’ turf) and a dessert liqueur with the sweet ending.
- Narcoossee’s New Year’s Eve Dinner, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. A generous four-course menu is offered with seatings between from 5 and 5:45p.m. A five-course menu is offered with seating from 8:30-9:25p.m. for a late-night celebration with live music. The menus both feature favorites such as Narcoossee’s lobster bisque, seared Wagyu beef and pan-seared halibut. First seating $150 for adults, $70 children ages 3-9. Second seating $255 for adults, $95 for children ages 3-9.
It’s not too late to plan a New Year’s Eve weekend at the Walt Disney World Resorts ! Contact Destinations with Character Travel today and let them make all the plans for you, hassle free!
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.
- Step Inside & Get Your First Look at a Reimagined Room from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World - March 5, 2021
- New from Ancestry® and Kensington Tours Personal Heritage Journeys – A journey unlike any other, one you will cherish forever. - March 2, 2021
- Great Deal for The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Punta Cana! - March 1, 2021