LEGOLAND Beach Retreat will welcome its first guests to discover endless fun in the sun when it opens April 7, 2017. LEGOLAND Florida Resort announced the grand opening date today during an exclusive media preview of the all-new accommodations. Designed with the same attention to detail that made the LEGOLAND Hotel an immediate hit, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat is a village-style vacation resort with 83 beach-themed bungalows offering 166 rooms.
The brightly colored bungalows are grouped into 13 “coves” named after popular LEGO Minifigures. Each includes an outdoor play area with fun and challenging elements, all within view of the bungalows’ shaded patios, where mom and dad can relax while kids play.
Located about a half-mile from the theme park entrance, the site also features a central swimming pool and sandy play area, a buffet restaurant, pool bar, a giant LEGO inspired lighthouse with a real rotating beacon and picturesque views of Lake Dexter.
LEGOLAND Beach Retreat amenities include:
- 166 spacious rooms that sleep up to five, including a cozy area designed just for kids with a bunk bed, trundle bed and privacy curtain.
- Sandy’s Castle Restaurant, located inside The Lighthouse and featuring a bountiful menu of entrees, sides and desserts designed to please the palates of kids and grownups alike.
- Bricks Beach Bar, offering an eclectic menu of made-to-order food, drinks and creative cocktails served poolside and inside The Lighthouse.
- A delicious breakfast is included with each night’s stay; lunch and dinner will be available without reservations.
- Palm Tree Traders, a large retail shop stocked with LEGO building sets and Minifigures, apparel, toys, swimwear, snacks and sundries.
- Complimentary parking in LEGOLAND Florida Resort’s main parking lot.
- Early access to the theme park, with exclusive use of some of the most popular attractions, including LEGO NINJAGO World when it opens Jan. 12.
Reservations are available for stays from April 7 through Nov. 30, 2017. To book a stay at LEGOLAND Beach Retreat, visit LEGOLAND.com/beachretreat
or call (877) 350-5346 daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Nightly room rates start at $135 (plus tax and resort fee) and vary by season, date and availability.
Meanwhile, through the end of December guests can save 20 percent on an exclusive room-and-ticket package for LEGOLAND Beach Retreat stays from April 7 through Sept. 3, 2017. The package requires a minimum two-night stay and includes a two-day ticket to LEGOLAND Florida Theme Park per person, with the second day free!
Announced in March 2016 as part of the largest period of growth and expansion in the resort’s five-year history, LEGOLAND Beach Retreat is a first-of-its-kind project unique to the LEGOLAND resorts in North America. Opening less than two years after the May 2015 debut of the 152-room LEGOLAND Hotel, the sprawling, sun-kissed site will more than double on-site accommodations and give guests even more reasons to play — and stay — at the place #BuiltForKids.
PHOTOS: © 2016 Chip Litherland/ LEGOLAND Florida Resort. All Rights Reserved.
Getting ready to plan your next trip or just interested in travel news?
For the latest in Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, Cruise and other travel news, remember to follow the Destinations with Character Travel web site, and “Like” and follow us on Facebook.
For additional Disney Fun, Join our Disney Fan Group, Disney Destinations Characters, on Facebook!
Please remember to contact Destinations with Character Travel for ALL of your Disney, Universal, SeaWorld, and Orlando Area Vacations, Adventures by Disney, Cruising, Tour, and exciting vacation packages all over the world. When booking though Destinations with Character Travel, all of our Disney Services, including FastPass+ and Dining reservation services are completely FREE. Also, you will always have a DEDICATED agent, available to you 24/7 from the very first minute of planning, right up until the day you return home, to answer all of your questions and handle any of your vacation needs.
We believe no one should be denied a vacation based on needs or budget, there’s something for everyone.