The Walt Disney World Resort will send a Magic Band for every guest registered on your vacation package, no matter what their age. Children under 3 on your resort package reservation will get a Magic Band, however they do not have to wear it.
Some younger children still prefer to wear it and “feel special” or be like the rest of the family. If your child doesn’t, no worries.
Since children under 3 are free in the parks and on the dining plans, there is no need for them to have to wear their Magic Band. Their Magic Band will only open the door of your resort room.
What are Magic Bands?
- Magic Bands replaced the Key To The World Plastic Cards and are RF (radio frequency) chips inside a colorful rubber bracelet, the color of which you choose when planning your vacation through the My Disney Experience App or website.
- Magic Bands are used as your room key to open the door to your resort room if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- Just like the old Key To The World Cards, you may add credit cards to your Magic Bands and pay for things with a 4 digit pin.
- Your FastPass+ Reservations stored on your Magic Bands, eliminating the old Fast Pass paper tickets.
- Your dining reservations are also stored on your Magic Bands.
- Magic Bands are free if you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
- Magic Bands are made from a hypoallergenic material.
- Magic Bands are one size fits all and can be adjusted to fit smaller children.
- You can also buy additional specialty Magic Bands at the Resorts, Parks, and Disney Store that feature characters along with many individual items to adorn your Magic Bands.
- Plastic cards are available to those that do not wish to use Magic Bands, or are not staying at a Walt Disney World Resort.
Have A Magical Day!
Don & Tina