As the Disneyland Resort continues to optimize the Guest experience, a new feature is coming soon on the Disneyland app* to make a hotel stay even more convenient.
The optional feature will allow Guests staying at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa or the Disneyland Hotel to unlock their room with a digital key using the Disneyland app. When used with online check-in, Guests can even bypass the front desk to start their vacation even faster, allowing them to go directly to their room when it is ready.
To enable Clients to qualify for digital key without visiting the front desk of their hotel, Travel Agents can provide the Client’s email address during checkout on the Disney Travel Agents website. The Client’s email address and last name must match the information on the Client’s associated Disney account in order to access this feature. Before booking, each party should designate a primary Guest on the reservation that currently has a Disney account or plans to create one prior to their arrival. This Guest will be the only member of the party who will have access to the digital key during their stay.
Guests with room-only reservations or existing Clients that did not provide an email address during the initial booking can choose to add digital key by visiting the front desk of their hotel.
To use their digital key, Guests can follow these steps:
- Link hotel reservation to their Disney account via the Disneyland app or online
- Complete Online Check-in (up to 5 days prior to arrival) or check-in at the Front Desk upon arrival to complete the traditional process
- Once a room has been assigned on day of arrival and is ready for the Guest, they can access their room and locate their hotel room number within the digital key feature by tapping the “Unlock Door” button after signing into their Disney account on the Disneyland app
- To enter their room, Guests tap the “Unlock Door” button via the Disneyland app and then simply hold their phone against the door lock. A Bluetooth®-enabled device with the latest version of the Disneyland app is required.
Travel Agents should encourage Clients to download the latest version of the Disneyland app prior to arrival.
We expect to provide Guests at Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel with the option of using a digital key in the future.
* Message, data and roaming rates may apply. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.
Please Contact Destinations with Character Travel Services, LLC. For Details & Bookings.
There’s a LOT to see in our Beautiful World.
Let Destinations with Character help you see it!
Save Time & Book All of your Travel by contacting
A Family Owned & Operated, Award Winning, Disney Earmarked Agency
“Family Owned & Operated”
- Hurricane Ian Update for Walt Disney World Resort – September 26, 2022 - September 26, 2022
- MagicBand+ Launching July 27 at Walt Disney World - July 21, 2022
- BoardWalk Deli, Contemporary Bridge Refurbishment and Balcony construction at Grand Floridian - July 16, 2022