March 23, 2021
At Walt Disney World Resort, they’re always looking for innovative and convenient ways to improve our Guests’ experience—especially as they navigate the impact of COVID-19.
With the future in mind and the shift in focus to more touchless experiences, they’re conducting a limited 30-day test using facial recognition technology (length of test subject to change).
Participation in this test is optional.
Here is the Full Announcement:
Planning to visit Magic Kingdom park between March 23 and April 23, 2021? Help us test out a new form of technology at the park entrance.
About the Facial Recognition Technology Test
At Walt Disney World Resort, we’re always looking for innovative and convenient ways to improve our Guests’ experience—especially as we navigate the impact of COVID-19.
With the future in mind and the shift in focus to more touchless experiences, we’re conducting a limited 30-day test using facial recognition technology (length of test subject to change).
The technology we’re testing captures an image of a Guest’s face and converts it into a unique number, which is then associated with the form of admission being used for park entry.
Participation in this test is optional. For those interested in volunteering to participate in this effort, please make sure you arrive with valid theme park admission and a Disney Park Pass reservation.
Note: children under the age of 18 who wish to participate may do so with the consent and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
What to Expect
Step 1: Enter the Facial Recognition Technology Test Lane
When you’re ready to enter the park, simply enter the lane designated for the test program.
Step 2: Remove Accessories, But Keep Your Face Covering in Place
Please take off any hats, visors or sunglasses before you approach the facial recognition test zone. Your face covering must remain on at all times.
Step 3: Face the Camera
Once in the facial recognition test zone, stand facing the camera and then position your valid park admission or MagicBand close to the scanner to activate the technology. The technology will capture an image, which will be converted into a unique number that will be associated with your valid ticket media.
You’re All Set!
If you return to Magic Kingdom park during our limited-time test, consider entering using the same designated entry points. Re-entering through the same lanes helps us better understand how the technology works.
- The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented technical, administrative, and physical security measures that are designed to protect Guest information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use and modification. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
- Images and the associated unique numbers captured for this technology test will be discarded within 30 days after the test concludes. We will not share the images and unique numbers captured for this test with third parties.
- Participation in this test is optional and limited. Guests who have valid theme park admission and a Disney Park Pass reservation may use another line for park entry.
For Additional Information & Details, Contact Destinations with Character Travel Today!
The next time you’re looking to book a trip, no matter what the Destination,
“A Family Owned & Operated, Award Winning – Disney Earmarked Travel Agency“
& Leave The Booking To Us!
“Family Owned & Operated”
- Week of April 4-10, 2021 – These 8 Cruise Lines Announced Restarts For Summer 2021! - April 10, 2021
- runDisney Virtual Series to Honor the Timeless Majesty of ‘The Lion King’ This Summer – Hakuna Matata! - April 6, 2021
- Disney Cruise Line Temporary Suspends Select Departures through September 19, 2021 - April 6, 2021