5 Can’t-Miss National Geographic Expeditions We Have For 2023
Our National Geographic Expeditions are specially designed to dig deeper into topics like history, wildlife, archaeology, conservation, filmmaking, photography, writing and so much more. These expeditions will fulfill guests’ curiosity about the wonders of the world around them.
On all of our Signature Land expeditions, guests will travel alongside National Geographic Experts. They bring the stories, experiences and unique insights to life throughout the itinerary.
In the spirit of exploration, we’re highlighting five Signature Land itineraries with added departure dates in 2023:
- Exploring Patagonia: Develop a deep understanding and appreciation of Patagonia, by land and by sea. Glide past pristine fjords and glaciers on a four-day cruise; then, head inland to discover the granite spires, sapphire lakes and hidden waterfalls of Torres del Paine National Park.
- Costa Rica: Wildlife and Conservation: From cloud forests and wetlands to coastal mangroves, discover Costa Rica’s incredible biodiversity—and the conservation efforts that are helping to preserve it—on an expedition to wildlife refuges and national parks across northern Costa Rica.
- Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia: Ancient Temples and Natural Wonders: Immerse in Southeast Asia on a cruise between karst formations in Vietnam’s Ninh Binh province, explore Angkor with an archaeologist and meet a National Geographic Explorer working to protect pangolins and other endangered species.
- New Zealand from North to South: Travel from the North Island to the Southern Alps, discover glowworm caves and unusual wildlife, Maori traditions and vibrant cities and surround yourself with natural wonders from geothermal Rotorua to the Milford Sound.
- India’s Fabled Rajasthan by Rail: Step aboard the “Palace on Wheels” and set off on an unforgettable rail journey to the fabled cities of Rajasthan. Venture into majestic forts and palaces, visit the immense Amber Fort high above Jaipur and watch the sunset light up the Taj Mahal.
Whether they’re a fan of history, photography, wildlife or travel in general, there’s a Signature Land expedition that is bound to meet every guest’s interest. Visit the National Geographic Expeditions site to learn more about these in-depth and enriching itineraries.