A little rain should never put a damper on a full day of magic at Walt Disney World® Resort, where the fun always shines!
There are always exciting activities, attractions and entertainment for the whole family to enjoy. Here are just a few favorite picks!
Magic Kingdom® Park
- When the afternoon parades at Magic Kingdom Park can’t be performed as planned, Disney friends come out to play in the “Rainy Day Cavalcade.”* This cheery procession brings Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and their pals down the street in antique vehicles, accompanied by a special musical soundtrack and parade performers in colorful rain slickers and galoshes!
- You can hop on a rip-roaring rocket into the furthest reaches of outer space on Space Mountain attraction, set sail on a swashbuckling voyage on Pirates of the Caribbean attraction, and climb aboard a gloomy Doom Buggy on the Haunted Mansion attraction.
- You can take flight on Soarin’ Around the World. This indoor attraction allows Guests to experience a breezy, airborne adventure as they hang glide above the breathtaking marvels of the world.
- Guests can go under the sea—without getting wet—on The Seas with Nemo & Friends attraction before getting close up with clown fish, sharks and more in a massive 5.7-million-gallon saltwater aquarium.
- You can also catch popular Disney and Pixar short films—in amazing 4D at the Disney and Pixar Short Film Festival.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios®
- You can check into the infamous Hollywood Tower Hotel on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror attraction. Inside you’ll be hurtled up and down aboard an elevator-style lift and brought into…the Twilight Zone.
- You can also make your way over to Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith attraction and race along the darkened freeways of Los Angeles in a super-stretch limo to the rockin’ tunes of Aerosmith.
- Guests can sing along with Anna & Elsa in For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Singalong Celebration.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park
- In Africa, you can head over to “The Festival of the Lion King,” a high-energy show filled with songs, pageantry and puppetry celebrating the classic movie, “The Lion King.”
- You can venture over to Pandora – The World of Avatar area where you can take a mystical journey into Pandora’s glowing bioluminescent rainforest on Na’vi River Journey attraction. This indoor boat ride will take you on a visually stunning adventure!
Character dining is a great way for you to meet some of your favorite Disney characters while avoiding the rain. Some favorite rainy day restaurants include:
- The Crystal Palace at Magic Kingdom Park where you can relish in an all-you-care-to-enjoy buffet with some of your favorite friends from the Hundred-Acre Wood.
- You can dine like royalty at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Epcot. This enchanting experience invites you to feast inside a medieval castle while interacting with some beloved Disney Princesses.
- You can also join Safari Donald Duck and friends at Tusker House Restaurant in Disney’s Animal Kingdom. This Harambe marketplace eatery allows you to enjoy African inspired dishes alongside some of your favorite Disney characters.
- Guests can also take a step back in time as you dine at Hollywood & Vine in Disney’s Hollywood Studios to meet some Disney Junior Characters during a memorable breakfast buffet or Minnie Mouse and friends at seasonal dining parties!
The weather may not always cooperate, but being prepared can help make your visit at Walt Disney World Resort a success!
New umbrellas and raincoats are can be found in the World of Disney at Disney Springs®, Once Upon A Time at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, the Future World kiosk and Mouse Gear at Epcot and the Emporium at Magic Kingdom Park.
What’s your favorite rainy day attraction at Walt Disney World Resort?
*The “Rainy Day Cavalcade” will not occur if there is lightning in the area due to safety concerns.
Save Time & Book All of your Disney Travel by contacting
Find out why Disney has honored us with the distinction of being a Disney EarMarked Agency,
and why our clients keep coming back to us for all of their vacations!
- Important Booking Update for Disney Wonder South Pacific & Hawai’i Sailings (September 30, 2022) - September 30, 2022
- Updated Hurricane Ian Impacts for Disney Cruise Line (September 30, 2022) - September 30, 2022
- Hurricane Ian Update for Walt Disney World Resort (September 29, 2022 7:30 PM E.T.) - September 29, 2022