|Pic courtesy of themeparks.about.com
I haven’t tried a new recipe in awhile & was craving pasta so decided to try this one. By just looking at the ingredients I knew this one would be a keeper! This is incredibly easy to make. I made this from start to finish in 30 minutes. You can find spaghetti carbonara in the food court at WDW in the Art of Animation Resort. I hope to stay here one day!
This recipe is classic & simple but has a lot of flavor. My husband ate this so fast then immediately filled his bowl with more! Due to the eggs in it I’m not sure how this would reheat. The only tip I’d give is to leave your spaghetti in the hot water until you need it. The recipe says to put pasta mixed w/ egg back on stovetop BUT that will just make scrambled eggs! Just watch what you are doing & you will be fine.
Below are pictures of the step by step process.
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 lb bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot of salted, boiling water, add pasta and cook until al dente (or slightly under desired doneness).
- While the pasta is boiling, cook bacon in a separate skillet.
- Remove bacon to paper towels to drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Return skillet to heat, cook onions until translucent, then add garlic, cooking only until aromatic, about 1 minute or less.
- Add to bacon mixture, set aside.
- Combine eggs, heavy cream, beat until mixed.
- Set aside.
- Drain and rinse pasta in warm water, return pasta to pot.
- Turn heat to medium-low.
- Drizzle in heavy cream and egg mixture and toss until coated, making sure that pasta is thoroughly warmed.
- Add reserved bacon fat, bacon, and onions.
- Fold in Parmesan cheese.
- Toss until incorporated and pasta is warm.
- Serve immediately.
|Bacon pre cooked & sliced