Updated Hurricane Ian Impacts for Walt Disney World Resort (September 29, 2022 – 9:00 AM E.T.)
As of September 29, at 9 A.M. ET
Keeping the safety of our Cast Members and Guests top of mind, Walt Disney World theme parks and other operating areas remain closed today as the storm continues.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Water Parks
Walt Disney World will temporarily close our theme parks on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29:
- Magic Kingdom Park
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon water park (Disney’s Blizzard Beach water park is currently closed for the season.)
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf, Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf
Partially used multi-day theme park tickets with a usage window impacted by Hurricane Ian related park closure will automatically be extended to use the remaining entitlements through any date through September 30, 2023.
Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
For the safety of our Guests and Cast Members, check-in will not be accepted on Thursday, Sept. 29. For Guests with a Friday, Sept. 30 check-in, please arrive at your resort no earlier than 3 p.m. ET; Guests who arrive before 3 p.m. will not be able to check in. Guests may reschedule their trip or cancel their stay with us; any customary cancellation fees will be waived.
- Guests that are checked in will receive updates, including any direction to shelter in place at their resort.
- Dining options for Guests staying in our Resort hotels will vary, and in some cases may be very limited. Where available, restaurants will accept walk-ups only; Guests will not need dining reservations.
- Characters will not be available in character dining locations on Thursday, Sept. 29.
- The Grand Floridian Spa is closed on Thursday, Sept. 29.
Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, Copper Creek Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa and the Bungalows at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort are temporarily closed through Friday, Sept. 30 due to the weather. We are contacting Guests with current and upcoming reservations.
Dining, Enchanting Extras, and Special Events
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom has been cancelled for Thursday, Sept. 29.
Effective immediately, we will not enforce cancellation policies until further notice for dining and other experiences like Savi’s Workshop, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and VIP Tours.
Performances of Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue have been cancelled Sept. 28 through Sept. 30 in light of the temporary closure of Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Guests with pre-paid reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
- Walt Disney World Transportation has temporarily stopped operating and will begin again once the storm has passed, subject to safety conditions.
- Limited Minnie Van and Mears taxi service will be available to Walt Disney World resort Guests with existing breakfast reservations.
Other Walt Disney World Experiences
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser voyages departing Tuesday, Sept. 27 and Thursday, Sept. 29 have been cancelled due to the potential impact on the Guest experience. Guests with reservations for these dates are asked to please call (407) 939-5209 for help with modifying their plans.
ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex will be closed Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29.
Disney Springs will be temporarily closed on Thursday, September 29.
Drawn to Life presented by Cirque du Soleil & Disney is cancelled on Wednesday, Sept. 28 and Thursday, Sept. 29. The 5:30 p.m. show on Friday, Sept. 30 will be rescheduled to begin at 8:00 p.m.
For Additional Details & Bookings.
Please Contact the Travel Consultants at
There’s a LOT to see in our Beautiful World.
Let Destinations with Character help you see it!
Save Time & Book All of your Travel by contacting
A Family Owned & Operated, Award Winning, Disney Earmarked Agency